Bought used, regretting everything.. Help!

chadg

Jul 24, 2016
SOUTH FORK
So, I bought a used 32x16 AGP in April. Finally getting it up now. Having 2 major (I think) issues now. I have no clue the MFG because every place I took the bottom tracks to, and everywhere online said it was way outdated. This is my nightmare. We bought this instead of summer vacation, and now with my new problems, I couldn't regret it any more. I can't tell you any more about the pool because I know nothing about it.
Ok so, the issues.
  • Not level: It is almost 4 inches off because (I'm assuming) my one corner sunk. Is this a huge problem? I have it filled almost to the skimmer bottom because I need a gasket, and with the level issue, I am concerned, I don't want a blowout of any kind because we have really big hill, and I am so nervous of kids being in it and something happening. Unfortunately, my HIGH end is where the skimmer is, so the low end will be approaching the top of the pool!
  • On the low end, 2 of my side supports have sunk a bit to where it appears that the water weight is pushing out on top. I don't THINK it could ever blow out, but like I said, IF it could, it would be really dangerous because of the size of the hill behind. That's a LOT of water! It feel REALLY sturdy... like, I can't budge it from in the water pushing out, or outside pushing in.

I know the real solution is drain and redo... but it is almost August, and I don't have the time or energy to do it again. I feel if I take it down, it is down for the year, and that would equal 5 disappointed kids... :(

Hope someone can offer advice, I can post a few pictures if you guys want to see. Thanks for reading, and I've learned a ton in the hour I have been reading this forum! Hope that if this pool sticks around, that I can hang out here and learn from all you experts everything I need to know!

So, I bought a used 32x16 AGP in April. Finally getting it up now. Having 2 major (I think) issues now. I have no clue the MFG because every place I took the bottom tracks to, and everywhere online said it was way outdated. This is my nightmare. We bought this instead of summer vacation, and now with my new problems, I couldn't regret it any more. I can't tell you any more about the pool because I know nothing about it.
Ok so, the issues.
  • Not level: It is almost 4 inches off because (I'm assuming) my one corner sunk. Is this a huge problem? I have it filled almost to the skimmer bottom because I need a gasket, and with the level issue, I am concerned, I don't want a blowout of any kind because we have really big hill, and I am so nervous of kids being in it and something happening. Unfortunately, my HIGH end is where the skimmer is, so the low end will be approaching the top of the pool!
  • On the low end, 2 of my side supports have sunk a bit to where it appears that the water weight is pushing out on top. I don't THINK it could ever blow out, but like I said, IF it could, it would be really dangerous because of the size of the hill behind. That's a LOT of water! It feel REALLY sturdy... like, I can't budge it from in the water pushing out, or outside pushing in.

I know the real solution is drain and redo... but it is almost August, and I don't have the time or energy to do it again. I feel if I take it down, it is down for the year, and that would equal 5 disappointed kids... :(

Hope someone can offer advice, I can post a few pictures if you guys want to see. Thanks for reading, and I've learned a ton in the hour I have been reading this forum! Hope that if this pool sticks around, that I can hang out here and learn from all you experts everything I need to know!
Hello and Welcome!

Sorry to hear of your regrets. From your descriptions I'm afraid that the pool does not sound safe as is, especially with children involved.

Your pool will hold almost 57 tons of water (114,248 lbs with 13700 gal at 48" deep). When kids are in there being kids, that 57 tons of water will be moving and stressing the pool structure, now that load is unbalanced and not as expected by the pool design.

If if this were my pool I would drain and fix, and not use the pool as-is.

Dom

Welcome to the forum. :wave:

4' out of level is just too much. There is little doubt that that pool will not come over sooner or later. Generally, we think 1" out is the maximum that can be safe.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.