Help getting rid of MASSIVE hard water deposits on pool restoration

I need some help. I bought my house, and the previous owner had turned his inground pool into a koi pond/swamp. I've sold the fish, and drained all the water. After about 20 trash bags worth of slime and yard debris, I've got the pool empty and clean.

HOWEVER! The worst thing is he had the waste water from the water softener running into the pool. So now there is heavy deposits all around the perimeter of the pool. Its about a quarter of an inch thick at the top of the pool, and gets thinner gradually down to about 6 ft deep. I've been pressure washing to get this stuff off, but it's taking forever. I'm talking about 1 foot wide every hour.

I'm looking for something to help remove this chemically. I've tried applying mur acid, it fizzes up, but when it's done and I try to wash it off, there's no difference underneath. I've also tried CLR.
PLEASE tell me if you've got some sort of expire nice or tip to remove this stuff. Thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet
Here's some pictures of what I'm working with.

- - - Updated - - -

By the way, the pool and skimmer are leak-free. And I'm planning on painting it after I get it down past the buildup.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.