Pentair 011018 "DISPLAY NOT ACTIVE!" driving me insane

Mar 30, 2016
Woodland Hills, CA
While I'm trying to program my Pentair 011018. the LCD constantly switches to "DISPLAY NOT ACTIVE!" if I don't press a button for more than half a second. It drives me insane and makes programming the pump 20X more difficult. Is there any way to disable this during programming? Why on earth would they ever even make this a feature?

Display disabled is only when its hooked up to some type of controller like an easytouch, intellitouch or sun touch in which case you should be able to program from there... is there a black long cable plugged into the side of the pump?

Toe,

That is what my Intelliflo says when the EasyTouch is connected... Do you have a standalone pump or is it connected to an automation system?

Jim R.

I have a Solar Touch (not a Sun Touch) controller for the solar panels, but all that really does is toggle the pump between the speed I set for when the solar warming panels are active, and when they are not. It can't control anything else about the pump (aside from some priming and solar valve related operations). Even if I disable the Solar Touch controller via its interface, I still get the DISPLAY NOT ACTIVE dialogue.

When I disable the Solartouch by holding down the enter button I am able to program the pump from the pump. If that doesn't work then unplugging the comm cable from the pump will work.

I have the same pump and solar controller and disabling it never works for me. I just disconnect the com cable while programming and reconnect when done.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.