Intex pump making noise no water flow

Jul 24, 2016
Taft
Well i recently bought and intex krystal clear pump to replace my summer escapes pool pump that failed on me just 1 month after i bought. Anywho, today i have set up all i need connected hoses, tightened clamps, set cartridge in place. Now when i plug in the the pump it just makes a rattling sound and doesnt seem to be "sucking" or moving water anywhere. I never used this type of pump and not sure what to expect. Please help me

Hello and welcome to TFP! :wave: Since you have no info in your signature, I'm assuming this is for your above ground pool correct? That means your pump is on the ground below the pool's waterline right? So gravity will ensure water flows to the pump to "prime" it and keep the pump basket full of water. At least it should unless you have an obstruction or valve in between where the water enters the suction line from your pool (i.e. skimmer) to your pump itself. Is the pump basket full of water when viewed from the top through the pump basket lid?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.