Do I have the hottest pool or what? 104 degrees...

marcgr

Bronze Supporter
Oct 4, 2015
Austin, TX
My pool equipment logged 104 degrees F in my pool water while I was on vacation!

I'm in central Texas, I had the solar cover on to control evaporation, my pool has no shade, and my pool is built on a slope so one side of the pool is exposed to the afternoon sun (that's the kicker... the concrete wall that forms the back side of my pool is always hot to the touch from noon well into the evening)

Now we're back I've removed the solar cover, the first day or two the temp stayed over 100 but it's come down to mid 90's now.

Anyone else have pool water over a hundred F?

And no it's not water accidentally leaking into a solar array or a mistimed heater... I don't have a solar array nor a heater!

If you put a cover on it in the heat we are having right now, I could easily see it reaching 100 degrees. Ours registers 92 in the afternoon right now. I'm not sure if that's accurate because our equipment is in direct sunlight along with the sensor. Water stays cool in the summer through evaporation. So putting a cover on it will enhance the heating exponentially in this heat.

Matt

Oh, man 95 degrees yesterday, waiting for lower temperature... ?

Starting day 5/25/2015 INTEX AGP 24'x12'x54" 8,400 gal, with salt and borax, INTEX 3,000 GPH pump with 16"sand filter, WM Hayward Skimmer, Intex SWG CG-28669, 1 1/2" hard plumbed PVC, Lil' Shark Vacuum With Leaf Canister, TF100 test kit, speed stir, K-1766 Taylor salt test

Can I borrow some of your hot water? My pool has not gotten over 80 this summer. I have a ton of oak trees surrounding it (hopefully will be removed by next summer). We had a party this past weekend and everyone thought it was cold.. haha.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.