Electric pool heater blows up my fuses

Wham26

Jul 23, 2016
Canada
Hi everyone we have this Titan electric pool heater that we were using for 2 months now and we had a heavy rain storm since then our heater just turns on for 5 minutes and blows the fuses and turns off....weve tried rewiring it we new wire but still the same....we emptied all the sand filter clean it all out and still the same we have lots of pressure but dont know what to do anymore ????

Hi everyone we have this Titan electric pool heater that we were using for 2 months now and we had a heavy rain storm since then our heater just turns on for 5 minutes and blows the fuses and turns off....weve tried rewiring it we new wire but still the same....we emptied all the sand filter clean it all out and still the same we have lots of pressure but dont know what to do anymore ????
can anyone help us

Blowing fuses is indicative of a short on the electrical side. It is doubtful the filter or water pressure has anything to do with it. My fist guess would be a bad heating element, but that is just a guess.

Are these actual fuses that are blowing, or circuit breakers tripping?

It is fuses we have an old house loll....it has been working really good up till now...we were i a stormwatch for hail and heavy rain so i turned it off and since then we try to get it on....it will run for 5 minutes and the fuses blows out :( dont know what to check anymore ?

So the heater is only two months old?

Were you running the filter in bypass mode at all?

Is the pump running properly?

What is the filter pressure?

No the heater is older then that bought ot second hand from a guy...but we had it running here for 2 months working great even awesome...until i stopped it for the heavy rain and storm we had...

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
67528b19a33010a46901a3f13f4039f6.jpg

Thats the heater im talking about it was working just great until i shut it off for the storm and since then we or trying to put it back on and the fuses just blows in the basement.....after 5 minutes that the heater runs ???

There are heat pumps, which have a compressor and work like an AC unit and then there are electrical heating element type heaters. Is there a model number on the heater?

If it is a heat pump, it may just need servicing for the coolant but it could also be a bad compressor.

What is the circuit size you have the heater on?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.