Perimeter calculation

Shark bait

Silver Supporter
Apr 10, 2016
Edinburg Texas
This is my first post. I've been reading for the last several months. This forum has been invaluable to me since I've never owned, let alone built a pool. I convinced my potential builder to let me buy and contract out the travertine due to what I perceive as excessive mark up. We agreed to let him do and charge the labor for the coping since it is attached to the pool. He is asking me to buy 150 linear ft of coping which he will install. I'm having a hard time determining if that is the correct amount for my pool. I realize there is about 10% allowed for breakage and it's a free form pool so there will be some cutting to allow for curves. The pool will have 15 ft width at each end and a 23 ft width in the middle. The length is 38 and there is a 7X10 landing not included in the length. It would probably help if I posted a picture of the plan but since this is my first post I'll need to figure out how to do that. What is your best guess on perimeter and area?

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

Well, they have a digital drawing, so the program will tell them the perimeter better than we can try to estimate.

And given the curves, I think more than 10% increase might be needed.

Thanks, I'll be updating with final plans, equipment, etc. We're still in the planning phase but hope to sign a contract in the next month. I'll be ordering a T-100 kit to test my tap water once construction begins. I would like to thank everyone on this forum for the information provided here. I didn't even know what a return or a skimmer was a few months ago. Now I feel I can converse with a builder and speak the same language. I'll be joining as a member because I feel an obligation to keep this forum running. Thanks.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.