Retangular main drain collects leaves

ummgood

LifeTime Supporter
Jan 18, 2015
Austin, TX
I have one of those new rectangular main drains that prevents drowning and I noticed tonight there is quite a bit of junk in it. Probably not that bad because I know stuff ends up in my filter basket but I need a easy way to suck the stuff out of it. Is there a vacuum attachment that I could use with my vacuum that would fit down there and let me suck some of that junk out?

I am not good enough at diving into my deep end to pull the screws out and I am afraid I would have to do that a lot because we have a ton of trees in our yard. I would love to be able to hook a long hose and a narrow fitting and suck them out every week or so.

Short of getting some diving weights and a snorkel mask....no idea.

Here's a goofey thought - is your MD plumbed to your pad with a Jandy shut off valve? If so, you could take the valve apart and use a Drain King hose bladder with a garden hose to shoot water back through the MD line and blow all the junk out...might work.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.