Question about cartridge filter and dirt catcher

I have an older pool and filter system. I am trying to replace the cartridge filter which has a dirt catcher inside.

My filter is a Jacuzzi CFR 50, 9 15/16ths wide by 10" long. It has a dirt catcher inside. What I am concerned about is that I can find a replacement filter, Unicel C-9650, which is the correct size, but it has no dirt catcher inside. I have found dirt catchers by Jacuzzi on Amazon, Jacuzzi Whirlpool 42294207R Dirt Catcher, 50 sq. ft. My question is, should there be any problem in putting the dirt catcher inside the Unicel C9650 cartridge filter?

I don't want to spend a lot a money until I know these will probably work together.

The older filter that I own has a dirt catcher. Is there some way to take the dirt catcher out of the filter I have and put it in the new filter? Is it helpful to take the dirt catcher out and try to clean it?

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.