Water level keeps rising in pool

Sal512

May 17, 2015
Austin, TX
The coping and deck around my pool is made of limestone. The stone is disintegrating at a rapid rate. I reduced the water level to below the coping, so there will be less water splashing on to the stone. But in a few days the level went back up, this is texas 100 degree days with no rain. Why does this happen and how can i choose the water level i want ? I released the water by turning the multiport valve to waste and running the pump
0ba04bf336717ef30b3df9f8d24ffa01.jpg
800b1366561d4756503dcad507624b69.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have that. I had attached a picture of it. I will go open it now . How do i adjust it , so that water level is lower than what it is now. Also is there a certain level water should be at ? I mean is there a standard

Half to 2/3 up the skimmer opening. Or, if you have an overflow, the new half an inch or so below that.

There should be a wing nut or something to loosen to adjust the float height.

This is a Fluidmaster toilet valve, should be able to pinch the metal piece on the rod below grey arm. While holding this move float up or down to adjust level. Also see you have a salt generator, the saltwater can deteriorate different concrete surfaces and other materials used around pools. The use of a sealer is recommended.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Awesome thanks. I pushed the float all the way down as far as it can go, its at the end of the metal rod now. I let out water from pool, to a level which is half of the skimmer opening, the rectangular one in the edge of the pool. I will observe in few days if this level holds

9 days after adjusting my poolmiser, and putting out water from pool so the level is half way above the skimmer. The water level has crept back up to the coping again. It did rain in austin for two days in between. So now i am not sure if pushing the float all the way down helped. I know the poolmiser fills up the pool if the water level drops, does it also empty water from pool if the level rises due to rain ??

The float was not all the way back up. It remained at the lowest setting where i had left it. But the water level in the poolmiser hole and the skimmers was all the way high up nearly till the top. I could not see a overflow pipe, so i assume this poolmiser only tops up the water if level drops, buy it will not remove water when level rises due to rains. I dont see any valve in the poolmiser that i can turnoff to disable auto fill function. I reduced the water level again by turning multiport valve to waste and running pump. Lets see if the level rises again and hopefully we dont get rain for next few days. Please see picture, this i took after letting out several gallons of water. Let me know how to replace it, also which brand to purchase fluidmaster or korky. Also how to install the overflow pipe
fc4ce5bcb66de12815e6e2ec19984f26.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.