Circupool and my Taylor reading 2 different salinity

dannieboiz

Jan 16, 2015
San Jose, CA
I fired up my swg today, I added 400lbs of salt to my 20k pool, which was supposed to be 2400ppm

I tested with the Taylor test kit by one drop of the first agent then proceeded to adding one drop at a time until it turns to a red color. Counted 27 drops which is 5400ppm

However circupool reads 2300-2400ppm which lines up with my salt addition. Did I mess up somewhere?

It takes 24 to 48 hours for the salt to fully dissolve and mix in the water. Salt readings from SWGs and salt tests can be up to +/- 400 ppm. They are really "ballpark" tests.

Did you use a 25mL water sample or a 10mL water sample? The K-1766 uses a 10mL water sample (this is a common mistake). If you accidentally used a 25mL sample then the titration is 80ppm/drop.

If you multiply your 5400ppm by (80/200), then you get 2160ppm which is dead on with what your cell is reporting.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.