Replacing spider gasket in Pentair multiport valve....lube or caulk?

Apr 6, 2016
Louisiana
I'm replacing and old spider gasket that was pretty eaten up on the top side causing it to leak out my waste pipe while in filter mode. The old gasket was glued into place and was the biggest PITA to remove because of all the glue causing the rubber gasket to remain in place in bits and pieces. It literally took me 2+ hours to get all the remains of the old gasket cleaned out. I have some silicone Super Lube that I use on all my o-rings and was wondering if that would be sufficient enough by itself to put on the new spider gasket before installing? I REALLY don't want to glue anything again. If not, would a small bead of caulk be ok? I really don't see it coming out, especially since it is set in the grooves.

Use a multi purpose grease to VERY lightly coat the new gasket. If it is the correct replacement part...it should be hard to get into place dry...once it's in place and installed...it will stay in place. And don't worry about the grease...with a very light coat..you will never know it's there. Hope this helps.

Sent from my HTC Desire Eye using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.