How are you guys vacuuming your Intex with the new dual inlets?

Mike89

Aug 31, 2011
Replaced my 18'x52" Intex with a same size new one. Old one just gave out (material fatigue). Not at all happy with the new dual inlets that Intex came up with. Hoses, black embedded sleeves, and clamps are very hokey and have to put a platform where the dual hoses meet outside the pool because of the weight. What's worse is now I can't figure out how to vacuum the pool as I don't know how to mate my existing vacuum hose to the dual inlets. I see no information on the Intex site even referring how to do this now. I guess they thought everyone was going to figure it out on their own or no one was going to be vacuuming their pool (they even did away with their hanging skimmer). I would love to hear and see pics of how you guys are doing all this. Thanks.

I may be the odd man out...in this case woman...but I left mine as is. I am not handy enough to cut and install side skimmer and my husband is not interested at all. I bought the intex robot cleaner that works on the outlet side of the pool. It is not like the others that vacuum and send through the filter. It works by the flow of water going through it. You do have to have a strong enough filter to run it. I have the 1600 gph sand filter and it works fine. I actually like the dual inlets because I sometimes felt that the water wasn't getting circulated well enough by just having that side hanging skimmer. I purchased another one of those from a separate dealer and still use that for skimming.

I'm not interested in cutting in a side skimmer. I take my pool down each year cause the California sun/weather just beats up the material pretty bad and I'm not prepared to deal with taking down a side skimmer too each time. Plus I don't want to sacrifice pool depth and cutting a hole that big gives me the willies. I wanted to maybe see pics and a materials list of what some were doing/adapting with those two inlets to come up with a better option than what Intex is providing.

Here is an idea I had. You would have to tee this inline with your pump. I have my plumbing hard piped with PVC so it would be really easy. You would need a strainer basket in line to catch the big stuff. The ball valve keeps the water from pouring out during removal. Or you could add the over the side strainer basket to your pool and do similar to what I did in this video. Intex 18x48 ultra frame pool arrangement - YouTube

Attachments

• pool vaccuum.jpg
    pool vaccuum.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 248
I'm not interested in cutting in a side skimmer. I take my pool down each year cause the California sun/weather just beats up the material pretty bad and I'm not prepared to deal with taking down a side skimmer too each time. Plus I don't want to sacrifice pool depth and cutting a hole that big gives me the willies. I wanted to maybe see pics and a materials list of what some were doing/adapting with those two inlets to come up with a better option than what Intex is providing.

I unscrew the white intex pipe from the split plunger valve and put my vacuum right in it. I'll try to get pics today when I vacuum.

Replaced my 18'x52" Intex with a same size new one. Old one just gave out (material fatigue). Not at all happy with the new dual inlets that Intex came up with. Hoses, black embedded sleeves, and clamps are very hokey and have to put a platform where the dual hoses meet outside the pool because of the weight. What's worse is now I can't figure out how to vacuum the pool as I don't know how to mate my existing vacuum hose to the dual inlets. I see no information on the Intex site even referring how to do this now. I guess they thought everyone was going to figure it out on their own or no one was going to be vacuuming their pool (they even did away with their hanging skimmer). I would love to hear and see pics of how you guys are doing all this. Thanks.

I use a battery powered vacuum. The Water Tech Pool Blaster Fusion (Costco). Works well. I get 3 uses of it before I need a recharge.

One of my dual inlets is supported by the weight on the Intex skimmer on the inside of the pool. The other is supported by some string tied to the pool frame :). I then use a few bricks to just slightly support the tee. All this just so there isn't too much downward pull by the water filled dual inlet hoses on the outside of the pool.

Skimmer supporting one inlet
42b8b207e5e85ef4f145ae12bffeb60f.jpg

Same inlet
503911d3d1896033a0e8d0bb59f5e572.jpg

Second inlet
db9ae7b0439eafb37081eb46adf67705.jpg

T
27610ec07f1264b50951aa27dc295e2c.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I got the Intex pool skimmer kit thing and it came with a piece that screws inside the pool inplace of the original suction cover. I can unhook the skimmer and hook the vacuum hose to it. The kit also came with a plug for the second suction hole when vacuuming.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.