Basic Chlorine Question

Kit

Bronze Supporter
Mar 10, 2016
Medford, Oregon
I was a bit negligent in checking my FC level. Today the water was cloudy for the first time. Added the appropriate amount of liquid chlorine to bring the FC level from 0 to 4. Question: Roughly, how long will it generally take for the water to return to clarity in a 2,500 gallon spa with the jets running at a higher speed? Thank you.

After about 10 hours of of monitoring the FC on an hourly basis & adding liquid chlorine to maintain the SLAM level, the water is again clear. Early this morning I checked the CC (0.5) & the FC which was unchanged from last night. (BTW, my spa is 2,500 gallons). So the SLAM seemed to have done its job.

One follow-up question: At what FC level would it be safe to cover the spa? The current FC level is 14.5. Thank you so much.

I always cover my tub within 5 or 10 minutes of adding more bleach and it is always above 10ppm. I haven't noticed any issues, tub has been installed 3+ years.

I always cover my tub within 5 or 10 minutes of adding more bleach and it is always above 10ppm. I haven't noticed any issues, tub has been installed 3+ years.

I didn't know if a FC level of 14ppm might have an adverse effect on the auto cover (the bloody thing is expensive!). My target FC is 4 - 6ppm. I wanted to cover the spa a.s.a.p. to minimize evaporation & subsequently have to readjust the water chemistry. However, in the meantime with the cover off, the direct sunlight will help to reduce the FC level more quickly. I also turned off the SWG until my target FC level is reached.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.