Las Vegas Build - It's like butter

We LOVE pics! The more the better and YOU will love having them to look back on.

Will there be a light by the equipment pad? If not check into getting one. You will thank me when you need it one night.

Can't wait to see the steel in!

:kim:

LOTS of work done! Another step closer!

:kim:

Thanks... I'm waiting on the comments on the plumbing and equipment layout... :cool: someone always has something good or bad to say.. please say it.. better to change things now.

I think it looks pretty good and usable, that's for sure.. though about quick disconnects on the pump sides, but my plumber pointed out that if there's a problem its usually the back side of the pumps (motor side) and left room to have it easily removed.

Thanks... I'm waiting on the comments on the plumbing and equipment layout... :cool: someone always has something good or bad to say.. please say it.. better to change things now.

I think it looks pretty good and usable, that's for sure.. though about quick disconnects on the pump sides, but my plumber pointed out that if there's a problem its usually the back side of the pumps (motor side) and left room to have it easily removed.

One thing I noticed is the the plumbing coming from the drains to the pump suction inlet. The installation instructions for my Pentair XF22005 Pump "recommends" 5x the pipe size for the distance from the elbow to the pump. My Circulation pump has 2.5" plumbing and about 12" so is ok. But my Feature pump has 3" plumbing and is also about 12". Told PB and he said not necessary and won't change.

I don't know what model pump your have but looks like 2" plumbing so 10" would be ok. Ask your Plumber if your install meets or needs to meet these requirements.
Would appreciate if you mention to him and get his thoughts on my Feature pump with 3" plumbing and and 12" distance. Note I won't be running this at top speeds. Thanks.

For all the trouble I've had with pool builder and the time it took, I should have done what you have and been my own contractor. You will have full control over the subs and have excellent results.

One thing I noticed is the the plumbing coming from the drains to the pump suction inlet. The installation instructions for my Pentair XF22005 Pump "recommends" 5x the pipe size for the distance from the elbow to the pump. My Circulation pump has 2.5" plumbing and about 12" so is ok. But my Feature pump has 3" plumbing and is also about 12". Told PB and he said not necessary and won't change.

I don't know what model pump your have but looks like 2" plumbing so 10" would be ok. Ask your Plumber if your install meets or needs to meet these requirements.
Would appreciate if you mention to him and get his thoughts on my Feature pump with 3" plumbing and and 12" distance. Note I won't be running this at top speeds. Thanks.

For all the trouble I've had with pool builder and the time it took, I should have done what you have and been my own contractor. You will have full control over the subs and have excellent results.

I will try and ask.. mine is 12" on the drains, skimmer and suction, 10" on the feature pump.... I will ask if I see him when he gets paid, after inspection.

OH no on the speedstir! Well that will make you REALLY love it when you get it!

:kim: LOL on the reading like dirt! You and should test your fill/tap water but do not worry about testing for CYA as it has to be added.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
So first inspection failed, because the two foot planter/sheer descent wall as depicted in the plans and approved by the city, didn't have engineering for two foot of soil and water proofing of back wall... Inspector was nice and helped me with a fix, making an additional change to steel and agreeing to keep soil to a maximum depth of 8 inches being the two foot wall. Recalled inspection for tomorrow.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.