Repair Polaris 9300 or Purchase new Doheny Discovery

May 26, 2011
Orange, TX
So I have a Polaris 9300 that is about 5 years old. One of the first generation models as I never had any wheels break off or any other problems that others have noted. Started giving me blinking light problems and would only run the long cycle no matter which button was pushed. Leslies diagnosed the robot and says a new cord is needed. An o'ring leaked water where the cord attaches to the motor supply. (How this didn't damage the motor supply I'm not sure. Maybe that will be the next thing to fail?). Found a new cord online for about $175. So, I'm a little skeptical in investing almost $200 in a cleaner that may have additional problems very soon, but yet hate to dump $700 on a new one as well. Considering the Doheny Discovery, which is the Dolphin S200. Which would you do, repairs for $200 on a 5 year old cleaner or and additional $500 on a new one. I'm leaning towards the new one because who doesn't like a new toy, ha ha.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.