Help do I leave my faux rock pool unpainted?

Jul 17, 2016
Menifee Ca
I lost sleep last night over my faux rock and pool coping. The rock guy said if I liked grays that he could seal the rock and I wouldn't have to worry about painting. The seal added a shine and it should look more aged with time. I am thinking maybe I should take the sealer off and have them stain it. I am so angry at my self that I allowed him to pressure me into an answer and I think I picked the wrong one. I don't like the look of painted rock it looks fake so I thought his idea of sealing it without paint was better. . Is staining better? Can I fix this without a lot of money? Can I buy a sealer remover or just wait with time and let the sealer get weak? Has anyone ever heard of not painting faux rock? I hope I'm not a big fool. Other people have done this.

It really does not matter what other people do or do not do at the end of the day. Do you like it? THAT is all that matters.

If they do not want to paint it and you make them............I would worry about their attention to detail. The painting is best done by someone who knows what they are doing. It is really like art work. Before they do the whole thing I would ask them to show you a throw away rock painted to see if you like it.

I LOVE your pool! That is HUGE! What plaster are you doing?

:kim:

We haven't had a lot of pools like that. It seems like they are stained, but I don't remember for sure. Stained or painted concrete is a maintenance item that needs to be redone periodically. But, as Kim says, it is your pool, your money and you should do what you want. I wouldn't let them pressure you into a decision before you are ready to make it either.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.