two sets of trippers for pool filter

Gex

Apr 4, 2016
Las Vegas, NV
i would like to run my pool filter at two different intervals during the day and it seems as easy as buying another set of trippers and fitting them to the dial

now my question is, will this post a safety hazard?

i understand that when you operate the pump manually, you need to (or it's advised to) bleed off the air from the filter unit manually

when the filter runs automatically, it doesn't bleed the air like you would, but there's about 16hrs of time in between runs, so does that mean most of the air is out of the system by then?

Using two sets of trippers is not a problem. In theory, there should not be any air in your system unless you open up the filter or pump lid. If, when you turn your pump off, the pump basket fills with air, then you have a leak in your system.

Jim R.

There should be no problem with having multiple start stop periods through the day.

There should not be any air in the filter unless you open up the system. If you are getting air in the filter everyday just from the pump turning off, then there is a problem in your system, an air leak somewhere. You should only need to bleed the air once right after turning on the pump and priming the system after it is opened (filter or pump lid).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.