Before I go any further I need a lot of honesty!!!

Apr 27, 2009
Hi, I have a foxx pool about 27000 gallons If I remember correct, my numbers are all pretty bad especially my cya its at 100. My question should I drwin some of the water out and start from there or get my numbers right and chlorine the heck out of it???

FC......16
CC.......point 5
ph......7.2
alk......40
cya......100

BTW, if you're CYA weren't so high all you would need was some baking soda. :wink:

Can you create a sig....go to User Control Panel, the Profile, then Edit Signature.

What kind of filter do you have? If you have a sand filter, you want to drain enough to target about 60-70 on your CYA, and backwashing the sand will mean the level drops slowly over the season.

Be careful with draining, you don't want to drain too much, to avoid damage to the pool. Do you know what your water table is? Usually it's safe to drain about 1/3, refill, retest, repeat if necessary. :wink:

If the numbers were from a pool store or any other source than your own testing, I would get them tested again to confirm your CYA level. (Probably your TA, too. I suspect that number may be inaccurate)

If you get confirmation that it is 100+, certainly drain and get it down to around 50 and then go from there.

since my water is being partally drained

Threads Merged. Please keep your pool related questions together on one thread. Moderator.

What can I use to clean my stairs back to the white that they need to be or are they too stained???

Sorry for double posting, I have drained a dang good bit of the pool and only cleaned the top stair with acid but clean as a whistle. However I started filling pool back up so I can get the darn thing clear. And I am a bit afraid of draining too much of pool, because we have had loads of rain here lately. All this being said is there a cleaner that works good underwater that will get my steps as clean as the acid did on the top stair? If I didn't fear doing damage I would hae drained enuff to clean all 3 steps cause that is some more pretty white versus the yellow/orange/brown look.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.