LifeTime Supporter
May 8, 2012
Metro Detroit, Michigan
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
We have found a crack in the 16 year old filter housing up near the neck. Is there any type of repair we can make like a JDWeld type, or do we need to replace the housing? I had the housing priced out but it would be only a little more cost-wise to just buy a whole new entire filter. So, if needing to replace the filter, should we go bigger?

There is a price advantage if we also replace the pump with it. That is also 16 years old and makes some squeeling noise sometimes. Or would it be better to just replace the motor? Could a 2 speed work in the old housing? I don't think there are any cracks, but if there are, replacing the whole thing would be best I think. We have hard plumbed in the doughboy power pack II so no changes would have to be made to the plumbing if we went with another ppII but it does not come in a 2 speed model.
Thanks for your help. ;o)
I love TFP!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.