Sep 11, 2013
PA
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
Hello

I'm interested in turning my pool pump on / off. I've read it can be done with a Raspberry pi... Any input would be appreciated

Thanks
Fran

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Or an arduino. You just need to program something to send voltage to a relay switch that will handle the pump load. My pump is 120v and I think a max of 16amps. So I'd need a relay that can handle the 120v/16amp draw.

I've got an arduino sitting around that I hope to soon build a pool sensor type thing for my setup. I didn't plan to automate my pump, but now that you make me think about it, it wouldn't be hard. Maybe I will.

If you are looking for something someone else has already written to control your pool, I haven't really found a good one.

I have no programing experience .. well mabye a little I use an app called Tasker ... I wonder how much experience is needed to work with rpi

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.