New Pool in MN! Radiant vs Fabcote Ultimate

lmisko

Jul 22, 2016
Twin Cities, MN
Hi all! I just found this site and am in pool heaven. My wife and I are about ready to jump into the pool life and we have two bids from two solid companies in our area. We are trying to decide between an 18x34 oval Radiant semi-inground vs. a Fabcote Ultimate Pool. Either will be modified to have a 6' deep end in it so we can have a slide attached to the deck that will surround it. The Fabcote is a bit pricier for a slightly smaller oval at 17x32 but it has a 14 gauge zinc coated steel wall while the radiant uses the insulated aluminum wall. When looking at the samples the steel seems much more sturdy that the radiant but then I read about how strong the radiant is. I am leaning towards the Fabcote but only really out of ignorance of materials. Maybe the aluminum is enough? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. If I can offer any more info to help please let me know. As I don't know what I don't know! :D

Hi all! I just found this site and am in pool heaven. My wife and I are about ready to jump into the pool life and we have two bids from two solid companies in our area. We are trying to decide between an 18x34 oval Radiant semi-inground vs. a Fabcote Ultimate Pool. Either will be modified to have a 6' deep end in it so we can have a slide attached to the deck that will surround it. The Fabcote is a bit pricier for a slightly smaller oval at 17x32 but it has a 14 gauge zinc coated steel wall while the radiant uses the insulated aluminum wall. When looking at the samples the steel seems much more sturdy that the radiant but then I read about how strong the radiant is. I am leaning towards the Fabcote but only really out of ignorance of materials. Maybe the aluminum is enough? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. If I can offer any more info to help please let me know. As I don't know what I don't know! :D

I'm looking at the Fabcote Ultimate Pool. Curious if you went with it, and if so, how has it been?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.