SunnyInTexas Intro

SunnyInTexas

Bronze Supporter
Jul 21, 2016
Plano Tx
Hi yall! I'm in the designing stage of creating a backyard oasis for my family. I've learned a great deal on this forum and figured it was high time I joined. A most sincere thank you to all who share their knowledge here. We will be building a pool and spa, hopefully within the next couple months. My dad had a pool for about 15 years and it was a constant battle for him. I'm hoping to be on the Trouble Free path from the start!

Thanks! That salted concrete is the bomb.com! Looks great, not slick, cool-ish, zero maintenance and it doesn't cost extra! Everything should be that great. :)

That sounds really great! My wife and I initially wanted travertine pavers. We love the look, and coolishness as compared with some materials, and I like the idea of pavers that are unlikely to crack and easy to pop out if they ever do. However, they may be out of the budget so we are looking for alternatives. Has the color changed or faded since your build? Does the saltwater affect it, or have you taken any preventative measures like sealing or frequent rinsing?

I do nothing to it and nothing has affected it. I think the color may have faded a bit, but not much really, if any. It gets hosed off a few times a year.

Agreed, travertine pavers are nice for all those reasons except for the budget.