Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Fill water testing numbers

1. Back To Top    #1

Fill water testing numbers

The TF-100 arrived yesterday and I managed to hold off until tonight in doing the first test of our water (we're on the county water system).
    Here are the numbers:

FC 1
    CC 0
    TC 1
    pH 7.4
    T/A 220
    CH 100

I was very surprised by the TA number. I'll be using a SWCG when the IG vinyl lined pool is built (start construction ~June 15). Should I get the T/A lower before starting up the SWCG?
    20K gal IG vinyl 18'x36' rectangle, 2' radius corners
    Hayward Goldline Aqua Rite 40K SWG, Pentair Intelliflow VS 3050,
    Sta-Rite Cristal-Flo 24" Sand filter, Model T-240BP-1, Polaris 280 Auto Cleaner
    Sunstar solar panels (438 sq ft ), Pentair Sun Touch Controller automating solar panels, SWG, and Polaris
    TF-100 test kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Fill water testing numbers

You should get started on lowering TA as soon as the pool is filled. You should be able to turn on the SWG as soon as the CYA and salt levels are good, but you will need to keep an eye on the PH.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Fill water testing numbers

can you get water trucked in?? it may even be cheaper and is certainly faster....and may have a lower TA
    25,000 gal IG Utopia pool/Raypack gas heater/BBB