Is it ok to leave solar cover on after adding salt? What should I do after adding sal

dannieboiz

Jan 16, 2015
San Jose, CA
I just added 400lbs of salt into the pool, it's going to be hot the next few days so I want to take an advantage of the heat to warm up the pool. Can I leave the pool cover on during this time?

I added salt to the shallow end and brush the entire pool to distribute the salt. Do I just let it sit and set my pump to run @ full speed for the next 24 hours?

Keep in mind solar cover, worst named thing ever, is intended to reduce heat loss at night.

68,000litre, IG vinyl, LorentzPS 600 Solar Pump & 1/2 HP Tristar, Sandfilter, Aquarite T-15 SWG

agreed with what you said, but my solar cover DOES work to bring the heat up. I brought the pool up 10 degrees in 2 days w/o turning on the heater. It's been 75-84 degrees this whole week. When it's 90+ for a few days straight, my pool can get real close to 90 degrees no problem. It was 72 ish a few days ago, my pool is 82 as of this afternoon with no heater.

I think it's a combination of both.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.