Check out my numbers.. Replace T15?

my pool is my potty

Jul 21, 2016
wesley chapel
The pool developed some green spots on the bottom and after the problems I've been having with the cell lately I figured it may have died. Took the water to a local P-a-P pool store to have it tested since I do not own a home test kit yet. Pool is guessed at 11,000 gallons by the measurements taken
Water results as of yesterday
Salt-3800
FC- 0
pH- 7.8- added 2 cups of acid
TA- 120
CH- 150- added 8 pounds after this test
CYA- 85
Pool temp is at 85F and is gunite on fiberglass... I think

The Aqua rite gives me the following

0 salinity
89 temp
31.6 voltage
0 current
84P output
-0 salinity instant
AL-O product
r1.40 revision

The cell is 7 years old and I think you may agree its officially dead.
I found a couple different threads on here talking about different cells but everyone in the threads had larger pools than mine. I'm wondering at 11,000 gallons if I can get away with a smaller cell or a off brand that some are going for.

Stick with the T-15 brand name cell, IMO. You can always turn it down and economics are better on larger cells. You should get a lot of years out of it if the water is well balanced.

If you're only going to be there a year or two, save the money and buy generic, but don't go small. Just my 2 cents.

Software revision 1.40 can only use a T-15 cell (possibly a T-5 if the board has a jumper for selecting a T-5). Stick with a T-15.

The above numbers were probably in the off part of the cycle. R 1.40 has a 2 hour cycle time. At 84% the cell will be working for 101 minutes and then off for 19 minutes, then it reverses polarity and a new cycle begins.

You need to check the numbers while generating. Try moving the switch to off, turn the percent to 100, wait about a minute or so and then move the switch to auto. Wait 1 minute and then check the diagnostic numbers.

Software revision 1.40 can only use a T-15 cell (possibly a T-5 if the board has a jumper for selecting a T-5). Stick with a T-15.

The above numbers were probably in the off part of the cycle. R 1.40 has a 2 hour cycle time. At 84% the cell will be working for 101 minutes and then off for 19 minutes, then it reverses polarity and a new cycle begins.

You need to check the numbers while generating. Try moving the switch to off, turn the percent to 100, wait about a minute or so and then move the switch to auto. Wait 1 minute and then check the diagnostic numbers.

I believe this was during a generating cycle. I produced these numbers from the diagnostics while on the phone with gold line. They had me turn the switch to off and then back to auto and pulled the numbers you see above.

Has anyone here tried the generic t15 from ebay? it looks like a direct copy of the original t15 without a label. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hayward-T-C...808165?hash=item487a4242e5:g:PO8AAOSwe-FU2RuO

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.