Issue with Resilience Salt Water System

Jul 21, 2016
Minneola
Hello Everyone,

We've recently moved into a home that has a salt water system. It appears, however; that the system isn't actually running. From what we can see, the panel itself isn't turning on. It looks like we're running a Resilence SCC-25 salt water system. Attached is a photo of the unit on the wall by our pump. You'll see that none of the light are coming on. I tested the fuse by accidentally touching it on the underside of the panel and it gave me a good shock, so I assume that's operating well. Water is flowing through the salt cell, however; I don't know if it's actually doing anything. I don't think it is because our water has gotten pretty nasty over the last week.

Any ideas as to why the panel isn't coming on?

Thanks!

IMG_3004.jpg

Update everyone: I've got the actual unit turning on. I had to replace the fuse, I guess they're capable of shocking you really good even though they're busted. Oops, however; we're still not working yet it seems.

When the unit turns on, I can set the Chlorination value I want, however; the On/Off light will blink green for about thirty seconds and then it will start blinking red. Unfortunately, I've scoured the internet and can only find their operators manual, but that doesn't say anything about the On/Off switch blinking Red, only the light in the middle (above the Chlorniation amount) blinking Red. If that was the case, that would indicate high salt content. We did add 3 bags of salt to our pool yesterday.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

I've got my salt system fixed! American Spas and Pools Systems (the owners of Resilience now) told me that a flashing Red Light on your On/Off button on these units can be caused by either A) Too Low Salt or B) Bad Salt Cell. I replaced the Salt Cell and got my Salt Levels to 3500ppm and it works just fine now!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.