Help! New home owner, pebble tec pool

Jul 21, 2016
Victorville, CA
So im not sure of the gallons, but i have a 16-1/2' x 34' pebble tec 9' deep and 4' in the shallow. Filter is a 450 & 550 Blue haven smartfilter, pump is hayward, i believe. How do i take care of it? Just tested, ph is 7.8, CL is .6, and BR is 1.3. I put 3 chlorine tablets in the float yesterday afternoon

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Hi and welcome!

First things first, you need a good test kit. We recommend the TF-100 from TFTestkits.net but the Taylor K-2006C will work just as well and can be had from Amazon. You need to know what's in the water to know what needs to be put in the water!

Next, go buy some liquid chlorine aka bleach and take the tablets out of the pool. Assuming they have been used to maintain the pool previously, your CYA is probably way high but we won't know until you get a good test kit and check it.

Head over to Pool School and read up on Getting Started, ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry, Recommended Pool Chemicals and check out PoolMath at the top of the page to get to know how it works.

You need to get a good test kit ASAP and suggest the TF-100. I also suggest getting the speedstir. You are going to need to keep an eye on your ph as it will constantly keep rising the first year until the plaster fully cures. I went through 6 gallons of MA the first summer after our refinish.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.