New Pool, Quick Question on Chemicals

GLG20

Jun 14, 2016
Medina
Our Fiberglass pool is in the ground and filled, unfortunately our electrician who is supposed to wire all the equipment this week is a flake and is putting it off until Tuesday. The installer was nice enough
to hook up the Pump and Cartridge Filter to regular power but our salt system is not hooked up as of yet but I have the pump running.

So, my question... The water is now clear, and the installers put shock in the pool. Is there something I should be putting in the pool to keep the water safe for use over the next week until the SWG is working? I do have a TF100 kit, so if I need to test a certain level I can. I didn't know if I should run a full test with the TF100 at this point since it's not quite all working and hooked up.

The pool and WetDeck total 15000 gallons.

Thanks!

Liquid chlorine or bleach (they are the same thing)! Do a full battery of tests and post numbers so we can help you get balanced. You'll need some liquid chlorine and stabilizer/conditioner/CYA rather soon.
Sounds good. I've done some preliminary homework (that's why I already have my test kit) and will grab some Walmart bleach and hit up home depot for some CYA. I'll post up some numbers this evening, thanks for the response!

Normally with a new fill you don't have to check CYA. If you do run the CYA test, make note of how much cloudiness you see as the PB did put some "shock" in there and it could have had some stabilizer in it.

Until your SWG is set-up, you need to treat your pool as a non-SWG for your FC/CYA ratio.

Do you know how to use PoolMath yet? Here is a tutorial:
Pool School - PoolMath

Ok, had a little delay. I put in bags of shock on Thursday and Friday to hold it over until I could begin to do this properly.

So here are the test results:

Ph: 7.5
FC: 3
CC: 0
CYA:0
TA: 110

I looked at Pool Math and took a screen shot of the variables I entered. According to what I am looking at I need to add 31oz of bleach
and 80oz of stabilizer, does that look correct?

I feel confident in the CYA number as I tested quite a few times and then did the sample test and it worked right away. The only thing this pool has had in it so
far is 3 bags of shock. SWG gets set up Tuesday.

PoolMath.jpg

Attachments

• PoolMath.jpg
    PoolMath.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 27
Use the 83oz by volume instead of weight for CYA. It's easier to measure.

Get that going and then you can do the bleach. The FC is fine until you add CYA. Do you have 6% bleach? Check to make sure you put in the correct strength.
I don't have the bleach yet, but I'll make sure I update that in the Math once I pick it up from store. Good note on volume by weight!

Thanks for the help!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.