how long?

Jun 22, 2013
Cypress tx
South Texas, 100dgs around the corner.
how long do I need to run the pool? I don't know the pump capacity, just guessing a standard pump.
20000gl in-ground. also does it matter to run at night and not in the heat of the day or No?
Michael

Most people run their pump more than they need to. I would start with 4 hours and adjust up from there if you think you need it, depends on a lot of factors. Day or night does not matter unless you get a break on electrical rates at night or have wind that blows stuff in the pool at a certain time of the day. Take a look at the How to section of Pool School for more in depth info on determining pump run time.

I just had the same question when I saw yours! My pool is about the same size as yours, also in ground. I run mine for 9 hours a day right now and I'm beginning to wonder if I couldn't cut that back some based on the 'how to' in pool school.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.