Green Problem

Rafy

Aug 27, 2014
Texas
Good Morning
I found out yesterday a trace of algae in my swimming pool. I check everyday the pool and do the test. On Monday show that I don't have any Chlorine, so I went to the poolmath input the numbers and I apply what I need to raise my chlorine ( 129oz) ok. On Tuesday numbers was ok. Wednesday is when I found out the algae. So I do all numbers again and this is was my result:

FC= 6ppm
CC= 1.5ppm
TC= 7.5ppm
TA= 130ppm
CH= 350 ppm
CYA=75 ppm

I know my CYA is high however was form 100+ to 75 that is the actual number.

Do my math is wrong ? I living in TX and the heat can cause the evaporation of Chlorine plus the high in CYA. Any suggestion will be appreciate. By the way the water is clean and crystal just some part of the wall show the algae.. Thank you...

The pool needs a SLAM procedure to remove the algae. With your high CYA, this will be difficult, but perhaps doable since you only have a trace amount. Did you test using a Taylor test for CYA? You'd need to raise the FC to 30 ppm until you pass the SLAM criteria to eliminate the algae.

Update:

I still working to lower my CYA to address later my algae problem. It's not that bad at all. From yesterday the CYA when from 100+ to 65. I did about 3 time change water just below the skimmer. I have to keep doing that until the number are fine. I know the water bill will be BIG ha ha ha... more to follow..

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
^ I agree. ^ My CYA is currently around 60 with this summer heat. If you're in the 50 ballpark, stop draining now and start your SLAM. CYA of 50 = FC of 20. Run to HEB and grab a bunch of Bravo regular bleach and have a SLAM party. :party:

Or you can grab Wal-Mart's Great Value or Pool Essentials. :)

Thank you Texas Splash... I have 8 gallons of chlorine 10%. I will review the SLAM process and do it today..:D

- - - Updated - - -

Well Mr Bruce ...always I learn in this forum something new, the rules do not applied the same way every time.. Thank you so much for your input...:kim:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.