Pool looks wonderful, a GREAT big THANK YOU!!

pepsiholic

LifeTime Supporter
May 23, 2009
Fairmont, WV
I'm just finishing up my conversion from Baquacil to chlorine, if the FC stays at 15 tonite, it is OVER! My water has never looked so clear and sparkily. I find myself standing on the deck just looking at it in amazement.

My numbers are:

FC 15
CC .5
TC 15.5
PH 7.6
Alk 120
CYA 15 -20 due to using pucks in the beginning of the process

When I first decided I wanted to convert, I went to the pool store for "help". The lady there is really nice and I do believe she thought she was "helping" when she gave me chlorine pucks and said just drop on of these in everyday. Being fairly new to having a pool, I took her word as gospel and followed the directions.

The next week took a water sample back to be tested and she said , levels still high, this may take all summer.

I didn't want to wait all summer and be a slave to my pool as I had been the previous season, so I jumped online and started researching. I found this site and read and read until I thought my eyes were going to fall out...lol. Then I said what the heck and started following the directions for Baquacil to chlorine conversion.

I wasn't sure at first what I had gotten myself into because I used about 70 BIG bottles of bleach, but I kept reading "have patience", and by the third day I had clearing water! I ordered my FT-100 test kit and I really LOVE it. It is so easy to use.

So if all goes well tonite, I will be changing out my sand tomorrow and I also bought a bigger filter, because mine was the bare minimum size for my size pool. While I was at the pool store the nice lady asked how my conversion was going and if I brought my water to be tested. I gave her a sample and let her do her thing. She was amazed at the results and said she had NEVER had a conversion go so fast before. My teenage daughter and I just looked at each other and smiled, knowing "our little secret".

So a GREAT BIG THANK YOU!! to the administrators and moderators of this forum, and to everyone else who talked me through this. I have never seen anyone of my family and friends that has a pool that looks better than mine!

Pepsi,

What a very nice post. Baqua conversions are incredibly rewarding not only to you but the folks here on the forum who get to "see" them, also. Very nice work and a very quick conversion. You obviously kept your FC up at the high levels required. :-D

If you have a chance, relay your story to a new poster, "jewels-gt" who is struggling with a conversion and needs a little encouragement.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.