White buildup at filter's air release valve

Could be scale. Use PoolMath to calculate your CSI and keep it between -0.3 and 0 to avoid scale. More here, Pool School - Calcium Scaling

Just FYI many can't won't or don't click out of the site to view pics. Myself included, I read hundreds of posts per day and it would significantly reduce the number of posts I could read and respond to. Photobucket allows you to copy IMG code and paste it in your post to embed the pic in the thread. I don't know if your photo host offers this feature.

Well, that Calcium is probably the culprit. At some point in time, your pH has probably also been a bit high but high CH alone is enough to account for what you are seeing.

A solution of muriatic acid mixed with water (3water - 1 muriatic) will clean it off.

That is what is contributing to the scaling. Keep adding acid to lower PH when it gets to 7.8 or 8.0. This will lower your TA over time. Once your TA gets down toward 60 or 50 the PH rise should slow down. You need to get an accurate result on your CH to get a good CSI number. More here on testing it, Pool School - Calcium Hardness

Also, if you have waterfalls or water features run them less, the aeration also raises PH.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.