94% Pure CaCl2 Pellets - 6% ??? Safe to use?

BattleOfYakima

TFP Guide
Apr 15, 2016
Central Florida
[h=1]Snow Joe MELT25CCP 25-LB Professional Strength Calcium Chloride Pellets Ice Melter Resealable Bag[/h]Professional Strength - contains 94% Pure CaCl2 Pellets

At $17 shipped for 25lbs I'm tempted to buy it, but is it safe to raise CH without risking health? Other posters have used it and verified it raises CH as it should, but that isn't my concern. Safety is. I have found the 100% other options, but they are much more expensive, which is fine if that's how it has to be.

Question is for different pool, very old plaster, falling off in chunks, 18k kidney, cartridge, CH only at 220. TA 80. everything else in suggested range. Pool is crystal clear, great circulation. Regular use. Plaster pitted in some areas, missing 6 inch circles in other, floor and walls have hand size pieces missing in many places.

I don't think adding a little CH is going to save that plaster.

FYI, I had my CH at 130ppm for awhile with no issue. The key is to keep the CSI reasonable. I would suggest leaving the CH and just maintaining the pH a little higher so that the CSI is neutral. Usually the CH rises over time due to evaporation, although if you get a lot of rain, maybe that is not the case.

Sorry, I can not answer your question about where that product is fine for adding CH. I think there are other threads that discuss products you might be able to find.

The draw back of the impurities would be potential metals.
It still seems purer than DowFlake - which is the commonly sold CH increaser in pool stores.

Why not swap the pool over to Cal-hypo for a bit to sanitize - it won't cloud the pool if maintenance FC doses are required and the product is properly predissolved in a bucket poured in front of returns

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.