did I damage the cell?

ethany

LifeTime Supporter
May 23, 2009
Trenton NJ
I have a zodiac swg with the nature 2 duo clear system. It was on the whole time I was balancing the water. I hit the off button on the control panel but some how it went on,at some point. Is the cell now damaged?

The salt level was at around 2100 ppm. The add salt light was on but I read it could be lit because of water temp. My next question is, do I have to replace the duo clear cartridge since it ran with all the algae in the pool? Unfortunely the pump can not run without the cartridge in because there would be a void,the cover is basically a screw on ring.

It is very unlikely that anything will have been damaged. If you have a bottom drain and a whole bunch of salt got into the drain you could possibly have overloaded the power supply, but if it shows any sign of life at all now that the salt addition is over it should be completely fine.

There isn't any need to change the cartridge. Algae won't bother the cartridge.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.