pH fluctuating

Eilum

Jun 19, 2016
Jackson NJ
Pool water is clear and FC drops 3-4 ppm every 2 days.

Lately we had a lot of rain and the jet was pointed up so I think the water was aerated.

Either way, the pH has been fluctuating and testing is producing a range of results. TA was 120 for the longest time and is now shoing 90-100.

Should I add baking soda to raise TA? Borax to raise pH (sometimes tests at 7.0, sometimes at 7.8).

Last question: is CYA f 30 sufficient or should I make it higher.

FC 2
CC 0
TA 90
pH 7.6?
CH 120
CYA 30

Do not raise your TA as it is fine. Where you are at or slightly lower actually slows down ph rise. My pool likes a CYA at around 45ppm but your FC loss isn't too bad so it's up to you to raise it a little or not.

Don't raise TA at this time. Typically a higher TA allows pH to rise too fast. That's the most common issue. A TA of 80-100 is fine. Even if it was lower, even down to 60, that's okay as long as your pH is stable. PH doesn't normally bounce back & forth on its own unless chemicals or aeration are involved. So just watch pH more than anything and try to keep it in the 7.5-7.7. zone. If the pH is happy in one area, don't change the TA.

A CYA of 30 is fine as long as your pool isn't losing too much FC, and from the looks of things your FC drop rate is very good (minimal). So I'd leave that alone as well. :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.