Buying reagents

I just did a quick check between Amazon (the only other place I know to get reagents) and tftestkits.net and it looks like TFTestkits is in fact less expensive even with shipping. The only way I see to get the price lower is to buy large amounts and I am not sure that is a great idea unless you are using them on several pools and will use them up in a year or two.

Remember everything is not about price, with reagents you also need to be concerned about how fresh they are and their storage conditions, buying from TFTestkits and you don't have to worry about them being stored in some hot / cold warehouse next the cat litter, etc. like you do with the big online retailers.

I bought several things including reagents from VMInnovations, they sell through Amazon but are a little cheaper through Ebay. Everything has been delivered quick and fresh with free expedited shipping. They are located in Lincoln, NE only about 120 miles from me so it gets here fast, think they use priority mail anyway. I bought R-0870 in .25 lb, R0871 and R-0013 in the 16oz size because the small 3/4 oz size seems ridiculously overpriced, for about twice as much money I have 20 times more. I also have a friend and a brother in law both with pools so I can share.

I test a couple times a day and always use the 25ml sample, so I use a lot, I like the added accuracy. The 870 and 871 has expiration dates of late next summer and the 0013 is spring of 18 so they will get me through next year too. As far as the powder, I don't believe it significantly degrades no matter the date. A quarter pound is significantly more than the tiny little 10 gram size. I have read several on here using it for 3-4 years with no difference from fresh, even clumpy and crusty it still worked just the same. I'm transferring it into the 10 gram container as needed, then sealing the big bottle back up in a vacuum sealer bag.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.