Leaking from pump area

NJ-Bob

Silver Supporter
Jun 15, 2014
Bridgewater, NJ
Yesterday morning, I turned on the pump and saw a high-volume leak (not a stream but water was spreading on pad very fast) from the pump body near the chamber. The water seems to be coming out at the bottom where the cylindrical part meets the square part. Not leaking from the lid gasket.

Any guesses what that pump leak probably is? (I replaced the pump seal last year)

Well Bob, others might have another opinion, but from the sounds of it, it still sounds like the seal between the wet & dry ends. Just for everyone's benefit, can you tell us what make/model pump/motor you have there? I don't see it in your signature. Perhaps upload a pic for everyone to see as well?

You have a couple of pic choices.

Option 1
Become a TFP Supporter and get more data space and some great discounts and a cool badge and help keep TFP ad free
CLICK HERE to Become a TroubleFreePool.com Supporter!!

Option 2
Create a Photobucket account
Upload pics
Copy the IMG code to the right of the pic
Paste it in your post
This will embed the pic in your thread

I opened it up and the housing gasket and diffusar gasket are both compromised. I had replaced them last year or the year before. How long do they generally last?

Since I already bought the seal, I'm going to replace that too.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.