My kids have been spending quite a bit of time in the pool lately and I've noticed that their eyes seem pretty red when they get out. They said that they hurt a little. The pool is very clear with no traces of algae and my pool numbers seem OK (see below). CC level is 0. My question is whether the higher level of FC in the pool is causing this. I understand about the CYA/chlorine relationship and keep my numbers in sync with it. Even though most of the FC is tied up with CYA, would high FC levels affect their eyes? I'm contemplating running the pool at 2-3PPM of chlorine and using Polyquat 60 to help fight algae. Is this crazy talk?
Phosphates - 1000ppb