Changing Pool Light

sgt173

Feb 10, 2015
Parrish,FL
I just found out my pool light wont go on. Haven't really tried it in over 6 months mostly because it's so bright like a train coming at you glaring right in your eyes, so we usually just leave it off. I would like to go to a much less brighter one because of where it is located in the pool facing the Lanai where we set.I was thinking about one of those color changing led ones.
I found one on Amazon for 61 bucks as opposed to several hundred I've seen at other places.
I'm hoping its only the bulb that is out it seems fairly easy enuf to replace and I'll get a new gasket too the one on there now was leaking a little or condensation I think from the little bit of green i see on the inside at the bottom of the lens.
Has anybody here ever tried one ? Did It work and last OK ? If not any suggestions would be appreciated!
Thank you All for this Great site!!

If you could post the link to the specific bulb you found, that would help. Perhaps others have purchased the same.

In general, LED lights don't put out as many lumens as the 500W incandescent bulbs, so you'll likely be happier with the light output from the LED, especially a lower priced one with less LED emitters.

Thanks SGT, was looking for something other than my 'train headlight' PB installed. I never thought about it when we bought the house, PB never suggested alternatives to their 'standard package' and didn't want to replace the entire 100' cable and housing!

Thanks for asking about it. I read all the Q&A looks like it will work for me.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.