my results

Jun 22, 2013
Cypress tx
Hello friends. Got the new test kit in so gave the water a check. I have been using and adjusting the water on an several year old leslies pool test kit that checks for ph and chlorine.
here is the results from yesterday
FC-5.5
CC-.5
Calcium hardness- 425
Cya- 80
ph-7.2
Total Alk 110
the Ph was high this past week 8.5 so have been working to get it down, I think at least 1 gal of acid. got the ph down and the cya got low so added 2 lbs of baking soda to get it up to the 80.
the above results are using the new tf100 kit.
pool looks great, had some cl2 issues but after about 3 gallons of bleach finally got it up.

1 question I have is about how much bleach, (10%) should I add every day to try and stay steady on the numbers?
South texas heat and pump runs about 8 hours.
Michael

Going to have to experiment.... Could be half gallon, could be more.. All pools are different.
Try testing a few days in a row at the same time of day to see whats going to happen..

I add about half gallon every 2-3 days depending on FC level...

From the posts I see from TX it is not unusual to loose 1.5 to 4 ppm per day with 3 being the norm. As cj373 said every pool is different but being in TX I would expect you will be adding daily. Your CYA would be high for many but is good for TX you just want to be diligent making sure your FC never gets below 6 ppm as slaming with a CYA of 80 is not fun should it be come needed.

edit corrected early morning pre coffee mistake,

Baking soda - addition raises TA
Stabilizer/conditioner/cyanuric acid - addition raises CYA

Exactly what did you add? How much did you add?

You can use Pool Math to calculate the amount to add based on your test results.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.