Switching Pool/Spa Off using iOS ScreenLogic App

Apr 29, 2014
Los Gatos, CA
Hi everyone,

I have a Pentair EasyTouch 8 setup and all is working well, however I'm frustrated that I cannot actually turn my system Off from the iOS app. Let me explain:

As I understand it my system should always be in Pool or Spa mode. My Pool is timed to run 9am to 6pm. My Spa is only on when I ask it to be.

Using the iOS app, if I turn my Spa on (enable Spa mode) at 2pm and then switch back to Pool mode at 3pm, the system works flawlessly.

However if I turn my Spa on at 5pm, then switch back to Pool mode at 8pm (after Pool mode is supposed to be Off) the Pool pumps run all night (ie not for the 15mins heater delay). The only way I can get the system to shut down is to press Reset in the EasyTouch cabinet.

Any ideas?

Cheers

You don't switch modes, just turn the spa on or off.

In your scenario above, the POOL schedule is currently active but you want to use the spa. Hit the SPA button, this overrides the POOL circuit, spa mode becomes active, heater fires, etc. When done with the spa, hit the SPA button... That's it. If the POOL mode is still scheduled to run, it will run until 6PM as planned and then turn off.

The way you are describing your actions, you are turning POOL mode off, turning SPA mode on and then reversing the steps when you are done. By doing this you are resetting the egg timer for POOL mode which is why the pump will run for 12 hours from the time you hit the POOL button.

You are actually over thinking things. When you want to use spa, hit SPA, when you are done hit SPA, the rest is handled by your schedules. There's no need to touch the POOL button.

The MasterTemps do not require a cool down. It is clearly stated in the manual. There is nothing wrong (and probably a good thing) in allowing for a cool down though.

The cool down is something you can disable on the SETTINGS menu on your panel. A better option is to run the spillway after the spa has been used. This serves a couple purposes: fills the spa back to the topped off water level, pulls water from the (cooler) pool and runs through the heater (cooling it) and takes that same pool water that has a higher chlorine level then the residual in the spa and elevates it which basically is an advantage on all accounts.

I just installed the ScreenLogic Interface and Wireless Connection kit. https://www.amazon.com/Pentair-522104-Screenlogic2-Interface-Connection/dp/B00N4SXR64
It was a piece of cake to install. It is connected to my Easy Touch panel, and I am using wireless to the protocol adapter inside next to my router.
Since I had a wireless east touch remote installed already, all I had to do was swap the logic board outside and connect the protocol adapter inside.
The ability for any wifi connected device at home to control the pool is great, and I can control it from anywhere in the world on the internet!

I just installed the ScreenLogic Interface and Wireless Connection kit. https://www.amazon.com/Pentair-522104-Screenlogic2-Interface-Connection/dp/B00N4SXR64
It was a piece of cake to install. It is connected to my Easy Touch panel, and I am using wireless to the protocol adapter inside next to my router.
Since I had a wireless east touch remote installed already, all I had to do was swap the logic board outside and connect the protocol adapter inside.
The ability for any wifi connected device at home to control the pool is great, and I can control it from anywhere in the world on the internet!

I hate it when a vendor of most any product bundles things together and they have you end up buying things you don't need - ScreenLogic is not one of them. I just really don't see why they don't bundle ScreenLogic in to the ET/IT systems - it's what finishes it off. I don't see having one without the other. Of course in this case - the Screenlogic should be bundled in for the price of the ET, but keeping them separate they keep the price of the ET/IT systems a bit lower and then they can also jack up the prices of Screen Logic as an add on. It should just be bundled though.

Does this mean you can't have both - easy touch remote and wireless devices? I have been looking into the Screenlogic (I have Hayward System). I have the new version of the aqua pod remote with touchscreen and is waterproof for use in and around the pool. I'd like to keep that active but also use iOS devices.

I have an old iPhone 4 with a waterproof case on it. We use that as our poolside remote and bonus - it's an underwater camera. The kids and teenagers take a ton of pictures on it and it always cracks me up to go through them later. In addition, they don't know the password so they can't delete any pictures they take but they don't realize that right away. Lol. Some of them are hilarious!

Reactions: CFlaPool

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.