Center drain

Jun 9, 2007
We got our above ground pool installed last year and finally got to swim in it at the end of summer. My question is that I'm suspicious that the center drain may not have the liner cut from it since I don't feel any suction from that drain. Should I feel suction from it? If it hasn't been cut, is it something that we can do ourselves, or do I need to call someone in to take care of it? (I really don't want to call the company that put in the pool because I had a terrible experience with them.)

Any advice would be appreciated!

I'm sorry I don't have an answer for you. I didn't know AGP had center drains in them. Does that mean it is hooked up to the filter system? Or is it only to drain the pool? I know Matt or someone will know. Kimrst

To check out the circulation in your pool you can add Party Blue or a similar dye (something that will contrast with the color of your liner) and you can see if the dye gets sucked down to the bottom drain of if it stays on the surface and just goes to the skimmer. The dye will dissipate (break down) within a couple of days and you can have fun in a colored pool in the meantime!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.