Time spent with no water

Jul 17, 2016
Auburn, Mi
I am draining the water from my pool to fix the liner. The liner has not yet been fully installed. We are basically starting from step one with the liner. (I have a doughboy and there are many wrinkles, so we're going to restretch it) I was told by a woman at a pool store that you can't put up the walls without immediately putting in the liner and water, or the wind will blow it over. I am paranoid that if I pump out the water over night and while at work tomorrow, the pool will collapse before we get home to work on the liner. I do live in a windy area (open farm land all over) The pool has been up since Saturday, with only about a foot of water in it as it is, but I am concerned.

What experience do you have leaving a pool empty for maintenance?

Thanks

Yea the biggest concern with an empty above ground pool is very high winds like during storms. As long as the shell of the pool stays together, and none of the top rails are removed then the pool stays structurally stable and sturdy. I wouldn't worry too much about it sitting that way for just a few days unless there is a chance of any severe weather.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.