I'm a newbie here, I don't have a complete test kit yet. I cannot keep chlorine in my in my pool. I have an In ground 15000 gallon pool. The pump is a pentair 3/4 horse pump circulating 24/7. My filter is a DE type. My chlorinator is a king with a zinc/silver cartridge and a frog chlorine vac pac. I shock once weekly with 1.5 gallons of 12.5 liquid chlorine. My pool temp is maintained at 87 degrees with a heat pump. I live in Ohio, my pool is heavily used and I have an auto cover that is closed when the pool is not in use. I shocked last on Sunday, I OTO tested Monday and chlorine was normal. 4 people were in the pool today(Tuesday) I retested today after swimming and I'm back to 0 ppm chlorine. CYA was last tested at 86 ppm. I've used 8 going on 9 cases of 12.5 chlorine from Memorial Day to date. Why can't I balance this new pool?

A good test kit is a priority, that way you know what your results are, and know they are accurate. Your CYA could be way off, and you don't know it. Also, if you follow these steps you won't be shocking your pool weekly, and the $$ you save will offset the cost of the shock you are buying. There ain't nothing 'free' about the pool store 'free water test' service.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.