New pool owner

So glad I found your site, I just became a pool owner for the first time. We were given a 22x52 round above ground Intex pool. We have scrubbed the pool inside and used a shop vac to get all the nasty stuff out. It was a lot of work but it was worth it. Anyway we're getting ready to fill the pool up I need to know what to put in it just starting up? We'll be using an Intex 2150 GPH Sand Filter Pump.

Welcome to TFP!

You will need to have on hand some bleach, cyanuric acid and a test kit. The very best advice I can give you in the beginning, while your pool is being filled; is to read through pool school. The link is at the top of the page. It is very thorough, and can give you a head start in how to care for your water and pool. It will help you avoid some of the frantic ...."oh no, what do I do now" moments we have all experienced at one time or another! It is easier to take charge of your pool with knowledge that you have acquired, as opposed to listening to pool store employees telling you what to do.

Best of luck to you, and enjoy the swimming season! There are experts on here who can answer any questions that you have in getting setup.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.