Can I ask for recommendations?

kiv558

Bronze Supporter
Jun 14, 2016
Boston burbs, MA
Please respond to this post by private message only. We prefer not to have pool contractors/builders mentioned by name on TFP. Thank you,
Zea3

Not sure if this is allowed, but I'm hoping to get recommendations for a pool refinishing company in the Boston-New England area.

From my research, it seems that the quality of the installers is equal to or even more important than the brand of finish. I've looked at Pebble Tec's site for certified installers, and Diamond Brite's. It seems though, that any plasterer can buy the product and install it.

So before I set my heart on either finish (or others), I'm wondering if anyone has had a positive experience in resurfacing their gunite.

We've determined that our "new" (to us) pool is 32 years old, and probably my has never been refinished. Hope we can get that same longevity!! ��

Thanks!

Just note that a Pebble-Tec finish can only be installed by a qualified Pebble-Tec installer. It's not true that any plasterer can install P-Tec; they have to be certified by Pebble-Tec to do so. If they are not certified by Pebble-Tec, then you won't be covered by Pebble-Tec's warranty.

Good luck, I hope you find a great plasterer.

Thank you , Zea for the edit!

And for the clarification on Pebble Tec... One of theany reasons, I think, that PT should be a contender.

I'm learning lots, but nervous about being a rookie and having a nightmare replaster job. At least now I know how to keep the chemistry in balance, so that's one less worry.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.