Any ideas on this one...

Jul 19, 2016
Hampton
I have a 22,500gal pool with a hayward 210 filter. Last year I had fixed lateral that were broken. This was the 2nd year, and they were hard to find, so I upgraded to a SX210 lateral assembly. Sand was replaced then with 200lbs. I also replaced the pump which had started making noises. The new pump is a SP2610X15. I have had nothing but trouble since. The only thing I could get to clear it last year was floc, then vacuum to waste. I then replaced the whole multihead port to see if that was the problem. No joy.

This year is the same. It seems to stay clear until I turn the pump to filter, then it gets cloudy. Chemicals are good. I have even hired a local pool place to fix it. They have been here daily messing with the chemicals. Algicides and clarifier and keeping the chlorine high. It's been a while week so far. You can just see the square of the deep end bottom but you can't see the bottom drain. Anyone have any ideas?

The pool guys are the best I found. The original pool guy showed up without calling me, replaced a part on the multihead that was brand new, and sent me a bill for $193. It did not fix the filter.

These guys have been doing the chemicals, have been here every day, and it's only cost me $125. No additional for their daily troubleshooting.

I have the Taylor 2005 test kit.

I will do the deep cleaning. Haven't tried that yet. Thanks!