IC40 setup on Screen logic

Jun 7, 2016
Bakersfield CA
How do you set this up? I've got a Feature or Auxiliary circuit I can name "Chlorinator" and that gives me a button then on my control screen. Problem is when I hit the button to turn it on, nothing happens. I fear this will also mean I cannot schedule the "Chlorinator"

The only way the IC40 will currently turn on is to turn the "Pool High" circuit on. At which time the IC40 comes on all on its own with no regard to my schedule or "Chlorinator" button. "Pool Low" does not turn on the IC40

Any help here?

The IC40 is wired thru the pump relay and attached to the comm port of the board.

The chlorinator is assigned to the POOL circuit if it was wired correctly. That circuit should be the lowest speed that you intend to run the pump. If you want higher speeds or features running in addition to general filtration then the aux or feature circuit that you are wanting to run needs to overlap the POOL schedule.

4 days in I'm pretty unimpressed. I haven't been able to get this thing to keep up. Today I ran it 10 hours at 100%. My chlorine after 4 hours of afternoon sun is basically zero.

I've had to bump my RPM setting to 1650 just to keep the flow light in the green.

Every day so far I've had to add my normal 64oz of 10% liquid to keep the TC and FC up.

Any suggestions?

Everything is fine when using the the liquid chlorine. I feel more like the SWG isn't working? My pool and water tests have been great all summer.

ill get the chlorine level up and check it after sunset. I suppose their could be things growing in there, but I haven't seen anything alarming.

I've maintained Chlorine levels all summer with 60 oz of 10% a day. The pool is in full sun all day in California. That doesn't seem to me to be over consumption?

I started out with the IC 40 running 6 hours a day and have moved it up an hour each day this week. It made no difference. It seems more likely to me that it's not making any chlorine. Is it possible for all the lights to be good and green but no production?

Salt is 3800 per the unit, and double checked with a test strip.

CYA is 85. Been bringing it down as after a year on trichlor it was 150. So I did a partial water dump and that's when I started with the liquid chlorine this spring. It's also when I got the idea in my head todo the SWG.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.