hose lifespan?

Jul 1, 2015
Fremont OH
I'm on my second summer with my pool. How long do the hoses from the pump to the filter last?

I want to hard plumb eventually, but I'm having trouble deciding on if I want to heat it, and whether I want solar or propane. Another question for another day.

Should I be fine with the hoses till next year? How often do you replace yours? I had a hose pop off earlier this summer, but I think it was a clamp issue more than a hose issue.

Guess it kinda depends on the manufacturing of the hose.. I got my new Hayward system about 2 months ago and had a hose split... Changed it out to one from my old Tagelus system (10+ years old) and its works great... Just make it part of your inspection and have an extra on hand just incase

You should easily get more than a season out of them. Put them away in the winter as well. I have hoses around here that have to be over 10 years old. OF course I don't use them, as I hard plumbed my pool, but the hoses are still in storage and viable.

-dave

I recently went on vacation and came home to a half empty pool. One of the return hoses had cracked and I managed to pump half the water out of the pool apparently. Luckily it wasn't totally drained.

This is I believe my 4th summer with the pool. I've always disconnected everything and stored them in the garage. Should probably have stored them indoors as it gets butt cold here. So I have to imagine replacing the hoses is relatively inexpensive. I would give your hoses 2-3 seasons and then replace to be safe.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.